Monday, July 10, 2006

So Close Yet Again...

Sunday is a big day for online poker players, each site offers their own version of a Sunday Major. These tournaments have relatively large buy-ins and some enormous prize pools. This sunday I decided to just play in the Bodog 100k Guarantee since I've been having some nice success on bodog recently. Out of 846 players who played in this tournament I finished 12th, netting me $1000. This is the 2nd time I have bubbled the final table of this event, I finished 11th a few weeks ago, and I could not be more dissapointed than I am. I had an above average chip stack with about 15 players left but after making a great call on an opponent's all in bet he caught running clubs to make a flush and suck out on me. After that I went completely card dead and got caught trying to steal the blinds once and ultimately wound up finishing 12th. Well that's poker, no matter how good you play there is always the element of luck involved and on this day luck was not on my side.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home