Thursday, July 06, 2006

Bodog boosts my confidence yet again. Victory in the 10k!

After having a very mediocre run of results in multi table tournaments for a few months I decided to take a little break and focus on cash games. Over the past month I have been able to make some good money playing primarily the 1/2 and 2/4 pot limit omaha games on bodog along with some 5/10 limit on both bodog and paradise. Last night I decided to hop in the bodog 10k guarantee to try to get back on track with mtt's before I leave for Vegas and the WSOP. Well I won the tourney for a nice lil $2500 payday but more important than the money in this case is the level of confidence a win like this gives me as I prepare to play in some of the biggest tournaments of my young poker life.
I really feel like I played great the entire tourney and once we were down to 4 players I went into hyper aggressive mode because the blinds had gotten really high and the other players seemed unwilling to take a stand without a premium hand. This should've worked even better than it did because after a few orbits with me raising nearly every hand preflop, I got a few calls out of my opponents when I actually had picked up big hands. Unfortunately I got sucked out on in two big spots which would've had play down to heads up but everything worked out in the end.
When we got to heads up I had about a 4-1 chip lead and the second hand we played I made my normal preflop raise from small blind with QT and my opponent moved all in. I thought about it for a minute and the pot odds were enough so that even if I felt I was 40% to win the hand I had to make the call so I did. Opponent has 44, flop comes AJ4, turn is blank, river is K giving me the straight and the win.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home